- Think about what is the best thing for your child, not your ego. (More on that here.)
- It is vital to have books (and I would add educational resources) available to your children. "Provide them with a banquet of book." I love that!
- Teach them to love books before teaching them how to read.
- Keep reading as a treat, not a chore.
- Christian biographies are are a great and underused resource.
- Media is a powerful thing that we should get rid of!
- Spend some time at the end of the day getting the "castle ready for the king."
- Teach children to have a strong work ethic.
- Go outside with your childen.
- Relax! There's plenty of time to teach them Latin and poetry and grammar and geometry and all the other things you want them to know.
19 January 2010
I went to great seminar a while ago presented by Carole Joy Seid. I was encouraged by the wonderful ideas presented. I wish I had time to go into more depth, but a list of bullet points will have to suffice to keep them in my memory.