Even though we had some difficulties getting our curriculum, this afternoon was like Christmas! This is why I enrolled Gracie in a public charter school...all the free stuff! Can you see all the yummy educational goodness? And not just boring workbooks (although there are a few of those), but fun, hands-on, getting outside and learning kind of stuff!
Here's what we got:
- Art supplies (tempera paints, brushes, large paper and a small journal which will be Gracie's nature journal for more nature walks.
- Saxon math grade 1 (I though we might start this early, but so far both K and 1st grade books are very much tied to the calendar so it's a bit difficult to go at a pace different than that. Not impossible, but I decided we really don't need to be in a rush).
- Explode the Code Book 2 (Basic phonics workbook)
- Several theme unit guides
- A Native American box from Lakeshore
- Insect box from Lakeshore
- Insect and bird field and activity guides
- Bug magnifier
- Owl pellet dissection kit
- And my favorite...a butterfly pavilion. We'll be sending away for our caterpillars tomorrow!
Can you tell I plan on doing a lot of nature studies? So fun! And just in time for bird week next week! Woo hoo!