A Day in the Life of a Librarian
A Day in the Life of a Garbage Collector
A Day in the Life of a Doctor
A Day in the Life of a Nurse
A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Firefighters to the Rescue!
There are lots of interconnections in the activities we did in this theme so I won't attempt to group them up into subjects.
- Interview a community helper.
- Sort the tools of community helpers into categories.
- Make model or map of a community.
(The buildings were made using a large square punch and then glued together and decorated.
- Make a list of community helpers.
- Draw a web of the interconnections between community helpers (how they help each other).
- Lots of field trip opportunities! We talked to the librarian and attended a fire station open house. We also visited our nurse friend at the hospital where she works. She gave the girls some real doctor gear!
Match the Bible character to his job. (Adam-animal caretaker, Cain-farmer, Aaron-priest, David-king, shepherd and musician, Jesus-carpenter, Simon Peter-fisherman, Zaccheus-tax collector, Luke-doctor) That's a good start. There are plenty more to add!
Memorize Colossians 3:23.
See the other theme units we covered this year for kindergarten here.