Recipe for dyed pasta or rice
You will need:
- Rubbing alcohol
- Food coloring
- Zip top bags
- Waxed paper
- Put the pasta into a zip top bag.
- Add a tablespoon or so of rubbing alcohol.
- Add a few drops of food coloring
- Zip the bag and squish until the colors are blended.
- Add more food coloring if desired for darker color.
- Immediately spread pasta onto waxed paper and let dry completely.
- Store in a plastic bag.
Note: Dyed past is NOT edible!
Click here to see other independent activities for preschoolers.
Click here to see how I use these activities while homeschooling.