21 August 2009

The Getty

We just managed to sneak in a trip to the Getty museum before the end of summer. I've been there twice before: once before kids and once when my oldest was 9 months old. This time I had all 3 of my munchkins and was amazed at how kid-friendly it was!

We started off by visiting the Family Room which acquainted us with lots of art we would see later in the galleries. Even my 18 month old was able to run around and have fun with the hands-on exhibits!

There we experienced (and rearranged) the art of David Hockney,


made a mask inspired by James Ensor (Belgium's famous painter),

and recreated the sculpture at the Getty's entrance.

Then we picked up these:And went on an art hunt.
Then it was time to run around outside in the gardens!


Our last stop was the sketching room where we made our own art.Looks just like the real thing!

I'm already thinking about a spring trip to the Getty Villa which focuses on the art of ancient Greece and Rome. Perfect way to wrap up our year of ancient history!

No comments:

Post a Comment