24 February 2009

Geisel's Titles

We all know Green Eggs and Ham and The Cat in the Hat, but there are so many lesser-known titles by Dr. Seuss. It's been fun to become more familiar with them, and I still have a few on my to-read list. I also learned that Theo LeSieg is another pseudonym used by Dr. Seuss. (LeSieg is Geisel spelled backwards.) Here's what I believe to be a complete list of his works of children's literature:

  • And to Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street
  • The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins
  • The King's Stilts
  • Horton Hatches the Egg
  • McElligot's Pool
  • Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose
  • Bartholomew and the Oobleck
  • If I Ran the Zoo
  • Scrambled Eggs Super!
  • Horton Hears a Who!
  • On Beyond Zebra
  • If I Ran the Circus
  • How The Grinch Stole Christmas
  • The Cat in the Hat
  • The Cat in the Hat Comes Back
  • Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories
  • Happy Birthday to You!
  • Green Eggs and Ham
  • One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
  • The Sneetches and Other Stories
  • Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book
  • Dr. Seuss's ABC
  • Hop on Pop
  • Fox in Socks
  • I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew
  • The Cat in the Hat Songbook
  • The Foot Book
  • I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today! And Other Stories
  • My Book About Me
  • I Can Draw It Myself
  • Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?
  • The Lorax
  • Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!
  • Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?
  • The Shape of Me and Other Stuff
  • There's a Wocket in My Pocket!
  • Great Day For Up!
  • Oh, The Thinks You Can Think!
  • The Cat's Quizzer
  • I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
  • Oh Say Can You Say?
  • Hunches in Bunches
  • The Butter Battle Book
  • You're Only Old Once!: A Book For Obsolete Children
  • I Am NOT Going To Get Up Today!
  • Oh, The Places You'll Go!
  • Daisy-Head Maisy
  • My Many Colored Days
  • Hooray for Diffendoofer Day!
  • Gerald McBoing McBoing
  • Ten Apples Up on Top!
  • I Wish That I Had Duck Feet
  • Come Over to My House
  • The Eye Book
  • I Can Write
  • In A People House
  • Wacky Wednesday
  • The Many Mice of Mr. Brice
  • Would You Rather Be a Bullfrog?
  • Hooper Humperdink…? Not Him!
  • Please Try to Remember the First of Octember!
  • Maybe You Should Fly a Jet! Maybe You Should Be a Vet!
  • The Tooth Book
  • Because a Little Bug Went Ka-choo!

And now you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment