- The Cat in the Hat: honesty, responsibility, obedience
- The Lorax: care for the earth/stewardship
- Bartholomew and the Oobleck: contentment
- The Sneetches: not judging based on appearances/looking at the inner qualities of a person
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas: anti-materialism/contentment
- The Butter Battle Book: getting along with others
- Horton Hatches the Egg: patience, commitment, value of life
- Horton Hears a Who!: compassion, protecting the powerless
- Green Eggs and Ham: trying new things, leaving your comfort zone
- Yertle the Turtle: humility and compassion in leadership
What other life lessons has Dr. Seuss taught you?
Teaching values, improving reading skills and having fun at the same time works for me!